The Duty-Free available at the Dubai International Airport is operated by the Dubai Duty-Free (DDF) company that provides a duty-free area at AL Maktoum International Airport. The Dubai Duty-Free is one of the world's biggest retailers with the sales of over $1.82 billion in 2016 and about $1.85 billion in 2017.
The Duty-Free stores are located in three terminals of the airport. At the Terminal 2, the duty-free area covers 2.400 square meters in departures and 540 square meters in arrivals. At the Concourse C in the Terminal 3, the duty-free area covers 5.400 square meters.
There is a wide range of products available at the Duty-Free.
- Alcohol products presented at the airport include whiskey, cognac, champagne, gin, vodka, rum, tequila, wine, and beer.
- Cigarettes brands available are Winston, Silk Cut, Richmond, Regal, Marlboro, etc.
- Cigars are carried from America, Europe, the Dominican Republic, Honduras, and Cuba.
- Gold and Jewelry from jewelers as Pandora, Bvlgari, and Swarovski are presented at the airport.
- The airport provides watches from watchmakers as Citizen, Seiko, Omega, Bvlgari, etc.
- Perfumes are available from the well-known luxury brands as Armani, Dior, Prada, Nina Ricci, Tom Ford, Diesel, Tommy Hilfiger, etc. Perfume being the most popular product sold at the Duty-Free has generated 17% of sales in 2016.
- Cosmetics are available from the broadest range of the brands.
- Leather Goods are available as well, and the top brands present wallets, bags, and purses.
- Luggage and suitcases from Diesel, Samsonite, Porsche Design, etc. are offered for the attention of the passengers and guests of the airport.
- Pens from Montblanc, Cross, ST Dupont and Montegrappa are available at the duty-free stores.
- Sunglasses brands available are Emporio Armani, Gucci, Prada, Ray Ban, Tom Ford, Marc Jacobs, etc.
- Electronics products provided are camcorders, digital cameras, laptops, video games, MP3 players, mobile phones.
- Du and Etisalat providers sell telephone Cards.
When arriving at the airport, passengers are allowed to bring gifts with a value of less than 3.000 AED; 400 cigarettes, 50 cigars, and 500 grams of tobacco; 4 liters of alcohol; personal belongings.
When leaving the airport, passengers shall still keep in mind that there are certain limitations for the products purchased from the duty-free. The passengers are allowed to carry 1 liter of spirits or 2 liters of fortified wine, 16 liters of beers, and 4 liters of wine; 200 cigarettes, 100 cigarillos, 50 cigars, and 250 grams of tobacco; goods with the value of the maximum of 390 GBP.